Do you feel like this today?
After the weekend, especially if you had one too many green beers “I’m not Irish, so I am not sure what it is about this holiday that makes me think I can drink like one”, Monday mornings are always a buzz kill. It’s hard to get back in the groove of things after a weekend that might have been a little more festive than most. So here are a couple of tips to help you recharge and reset your mind and body so you have a successful (moody-free) week ahead of you:
1. Start your day off with hot water and lemon. This will help your body get going and start flushing those toxins out. Keep drinking this and green tea throughout the day, I promise you will feel a difference.
2. Drink your GREENS! Either green juice or a green smoothie, load up on these suckers, especially today. This will help you detox a little and get your body back on track to eat healthy and not reach for all the unhealthy crap that you probably consumed over the weekend (French fries anyone?)
3. Exercise, Exercise, Exercise. I know it’s easy to be like “I will just start tomorrow, so tired and sluggish” fight through the urge to be lazy and do something physical. Trust me, that little voice was going off in my head this morning when my alarm went off at 5:30am, but I forced myself to get up and made it to my Bar Method class, and I am glad I did.
4. Double up on your Vitamin C. I do this after I have had an eventful weekend. I always feel so much better and energized. I always have Emergen-C packets on hand and drink them immediately upon waking. If you want to take it up a notch, drink one or two of these packets after a night out before crawling into bed, it does wonders!
5. Water, Water and more water. Simple but yet so many of us reach for caffeine since we are feeling tired and not well rested. Again, fight the urge and drink some H2O.
These tips are simple yet I think we forget to do them after we threw everything out the window over the 48 hour period we call the “weekend”. Hopefully these tips will help you make this Monday a moody-free one and set you up for a successful week.
All Messiness, Stacie